Thursday, November 17, 2016

Mystery Challenge Autumn Fire

Mystery Challenge Kit from Allegory Gallery
Mystery Challenge Kit from Allegory Gallery
I had a lot of fun creating a necklace with the Mystery Challenge Kit --Autumn Fire from Allegory Gallery.  There were only 20 kits made for this challenge and  I was lucky I got one!  I bought it on faith.  I didn't 't know what was in it until it arrived at my  door.


Mystery Beads from Allegory Gallery
Mystery Beads from Allegory Gallery

You can see that I got lots of gorgeous beads as well as a pendant made by Andrew Thornton. I only had time to make a necklace from the kit because I am heading to my daughter's in Atlanta for Thanksgiving so I packed most of the kit to take with me. I did use the peach Irish waxed lined thread, and the yellowish green seed beads, and long brown tube bead from the kit. They were perfect for making a necklace with a ceramic pendant from Marsha Neal Studio.

green floral necklace by BayMoonDesign

This green floral necklace has hints of peach throughout it. The ceramic art pendant makes this a true statement necklace. The floral necklace is paired with a large brown tube bead.  I used large green beads.  I combined  yellowish green beads and tiny tiny brass beads to add pops of color throughout.  A green hand dyed silk ribbon from Marsha Neal Studio is added along with a brass leaf clasp. 

Don't you think this makes a great statement necklace for someone who appreciates art beads? 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty necklace! I can't wait to see what you make over the Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the green floral Pendant and the colorway you chose. I just love the tube bead as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful necklace! I love how you highlighted those seed beads. They are such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful necklace! Those pops of color really make the ceramic focal stand out.

    ReplyDelete