Thursday, July 21, 2016

Tybee Island




Tybee Island is located 20 minutes from Historic Savannah, Georgia. It is a small barrier island with a three-mile-long Atlantic Ocean beach that's backed by sand dunes.

Tybee Island, Georgia

Five Miles of Public Beach
This barrier island boasts five miles of public beaches perfect for sunbathing, surfing, and playing in the sand and surf.  There are salt marshes, and other natural resources and wildlife to explore, including sea turtles, endangered birds, and nature trails for hiking.

If you enjoy outdoor adventures on the water, this is a perfect spot.  


I only had an hour or so to explore while visiting nearby Savannah, Georgia so I walked alone the shore taking photos and looking for shells and enjoying watching others on the water.  When I got back, I was inspired by the beautiful water and beach to make some nature inspired starfish earrings.

Starfish Earrings by BayMoonDesign

These starfish earrings are made from natural brass sheets that have been embossed with a starfish pattern. The earrings are hand painted also with aqua, and blue patinas to created this beach jewelry. I used amazon chips to mimic the ocean water. The metal has a protective coating to keep the color vivid for years to come! I have hung them on brass ear wires.  These earrings are available for purchase HERE.

2 comments:

  1. oh these are gorgeous! we visited Tybee a few years ago and loved it - as we also enjoyed Savanah and exploring the whole area there. it is a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I spent several days on Tybee with my husband and another couple. It was a fun time. I hate that you didn't get to spend more time there, but the pictures you got are really great! It sounds like you had some fun too.

    ReplyDelete