Friday, June 19, 2015

We're All Ears June Inspiration


ILLUSTRATION BY THEO CARRERAS

For this month's We're All Ears inspiration I focused on an illustration by Theo Carreras from National Geographic February 1986. There are so many textures, colors, shapes with many unique life forms, both above and below the surface of the tide pool.  Barnacles, seastars, octopi, crabs, mussels, anemones, kelp and even all manner of birds make their homes in these shallow pools teeming with life. 

My earrings are inspired by the tide pools rather than the rock pools. 


Tide Pool Inspired Earrings by Bay Moon Design
My rustic looking aqua earrings feature ceramics by Sue Kennedy.  Her aqua ceramics have a wonderful texture to them.  I love the swirls of blues, greens and tans. The colors mirror some of the colors in the tidal pool.  I paired the handmade ceramics with angular aqua beads. I think that these are interesting geometric earrings. They have sterling silver ear wires and spacer beads. I love that they have a rustic and earthy appearance to them. They are available for purchase HERE.


Royal blue bubble earrings by BayMoonDesign
I also made a pair of royal blue bubble earrings that were inspired by the tidal pool.  I imagines all kinds of living creature producing bubbles under the water.  These royal blue earrings are made of cultured sea glass long rectangles with sterling silver bubbles. These geometric shaped earrings are on sterling silver ear wires.  They are available for purchase HERE.

Which pair are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I think that the glass from Sue Kennedy is awesome. There are so many colors and textures in that glass. And I love the bubble component you found for the sleek look of the second pair. Thank you for playing along with me this month! Be sure to stop back to Earrings Everyday on July 3rd for the next challenge! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tide pool earrings! I especially like the ones you created with the Sue Beads! So glad I popped back to see if there were any new posts.

    ReplyDelete