Monday, June 15, 2015

Art in the Park in Millsboro, Delaware June 20, 2015


With goal of bringing arts to the community and promoting artwork by local artists, the Millsboro Art League (MAL) will hold its 2nd Outdoor Art Show on Saturday, June 20,  2015 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in Cupola Park, a waterfront park at the eastern entrance to Millsboro Town Center.  There will be artwork, photography, pottery, fiver art, stained and fused glass, painted objects and furniture, and jewelry.  I am excited to be one of two jewelry artists.  I am thrilled to see my nest bracelet on the right side of the poster.  I will have a matching seagull necklace there at the show,

Seagull necklace and nest bracelet
I will also have some new beach bag charms there.  I made 4 of these for my craft show in May that was held in the beach town of Lewes, Delaware.  They were a big hit so I thought it worth restocking since Millsboro is also close to the beach.

Beach bag charms by BayMoonDesign

My new card holder

I will also have an opportunity to use my new card holder for a second time.  I will have plenty of handmade cards there for a variety of occasions.  I have found that having a variety of handmade items at craft fairs is a good strategy that works for me.  This time I will make sure my table isn't titled forward hopefully.  
Wedding card by BayMoonDesign

The Millsboro Garden Club will also host children’s art activities.  I will have my popular children's necklaces there for sale. These necklaces give me another opportunity to have a diverse selection. Another type of handmade jewelry which worked well for me this year is the foot anklet.  There will be a few available.

This is the first time I have done this show and I am very excited to be part of it.  It should be a wonderful family event.  The location is great.   It will be held at a waterfront park on tidal Indian River in downtown Millsboro, Delaware. The park features a pavilion with picnic tables and barbeque grills, a playground, boat ramps, shoreline fishing, and the largest bald cypress tree in Delaware.  There will even be food available for purchase.  I love the idea of combining art and the beauty of nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment