Monday, February 9, 2015

New Earrings Monday


My cobbler's children have no shoes earrings.


This "New Earrings" challenge inspired me to add these earrings to my wardrobe.   "The cobbler's children have no shoes" refers to the phenomena where people who are successful at doing something but don't demonstrate that in their own personal lives.  In my life this saying can be applied to the above earrings.  I bought them at least 30 years ago along with a matching necklace.  I love them and wore them a lot early in my work career.  At some point the earwires broke and the earrings sat abandoned in my jewelry box.  I finally got around to make some sterling silver earwires that are heavy enough and the right size to go with the metal.  I attached them and now I can wear them once again.   
Marsala Earrings available for purchase in BayMoonDesign store
I made the sterling silver earwires for these red sponge coral earrings .  I wanted earwires that are very modern looking.  I bought a strand of red sponge coral for a necklace that I made and as I worked on the necklace I realized that they were  this year's Pantone color of the year--marsala.  In my opinion, this color seems to be hard to nail down so I was excited about making this connection.  I had a few beads left over that I made into Marsala earrings .  I think they are very stylish!  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love your marsala earrings! You sure nailed it with those earwires.

    ReplyDelete