Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bead Peeps Swap n Blog Introduction-A Little Bit about Bay Moon Design


Latest necklace by BayMoonDesign
I am waiting for a partner for the Bead Peeps Swap n Blog. Bead Peeps are a group of jewelry makers on facebook. A partner will be assigned to me by the organizers of the hop shortly.  I thought I would help this process by telling a little about myself and my jewelry.  Much of my jewelry creations are drawn from influences found in nature, and each piece is designed to be comfortable and fun to wear.  I began making jewelry when I took a jewelry making lesson with a friend and we had a great time making a necklace and drinking wine with some other ladies.  I took more lessons and then I began buying beads. I enjoy shopping for beads almost as much as creating with beads.  I find making jewelry a challenge and a creative outlet.

I make a variety of different kinds of jewelry.  I do this mainly because I like to learn new techniques and expand my range.   I really don't know how to describe my style because I think it changes.  I am really drawn to make jewelry that is inspired by a bead hop where you are given a piece of art as an inspiration. The multicolored necklace pictured above is such a piece.

A favorite necklace of mine that is feminine and sophisticated and inspired by nature
I know some of my jewelry has been described as delicate, sophisticated, feminine.   Personally, I like jewelry with a BoHo look.   I do know that I don't make anything that I will not wear.  Most of the jewelry that I make I sell in my BayMoonDesign shop.  For that reason, I tend to make jewelry that is geared to a season like the holiday season or fall.  Currently, I am in Florida and I am working on jewelry for Saint Patrick's Day and the summer craft fair season.  Since I live in the Florida Keys in the winter and by the Delaware Bay in the summer, my jewelry is inspired by nature.

Saint Patrick's Day Earrings Available at BayMoonDesign



Sailboat Earrings available at BayMoonDesign
Starfish  Bracelet Available at BayMoonDesign

I like to use vintage or materials from nature.   I love to use materials found in nature like sea shells and pearls and materials made from nature like ceramics..  From looking at my jewelry you can see I love to use ceramics and polymer clay beads as focals.   I use a wide variety of beads.  I use to use beads that were on the small side, but recently I have started working with larger beads.
 I have started doing more metal work.  I bought Cindy Wimmer's book about making chains and clasps from metals and I bought a tumbler so I am now making more of my components like the silver connector and silver clasp in the blue necklace.  I don't really care to work with tiny seed beads.  I do like peanut beads and superduos.  I love the texture of Irish waxed lace and use it in lots of my jewelry like the starfish bracelet.

I really use every color.  Personally, I love greens, purples, and blues the best.

I can't wait to see who my partner is and get beads from him or her.  I do love beads!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I am so looking forward to the Swap 'n Hop...so much fun and great chance to get to know more about the Bead Peeps members :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I just know that your partner will be able to read this and come up with something to challenge you with.

    ReplyDelete