Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Online Etsy Store Travels to Nashville, TN's Opryland

Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center
On our road trip to California, our next stop was Nashville, TN.  We camped very near to Opryland and the Gaylord Resort and Convention Center,  We had tickets to Opryland.  The parking for it is at a mall next to Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center which I heard was a must see. 

Gaylord Opryland fountains
I wasn't disappointed. In addition to hotel rooms, restaurants and ballrooms, there is a river that flows through it.  The river contains water from all 50 states.  The lush gardens around the river are just gorgeous.
Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center flatboat ride

Leisure activities at this resort include floating through the indoor Delta gardens on a flatboat, splashing in two outdoor pools, or watching DJs in action at the on-site radio station.

Gaylord Opryland country decor
That evening, we went to a show at Opryland.  It was a great show.  There were performers of old and new.
Opryland show
The following day we toured the Ryman Center which is were the original Opryland show was held.  It is amazing how the new Opyland captured the look and feeling of the old.

Inside Ryman Auditorium
The Ryman was originally built for Rev. Sam Jones to deliver his sermons.  Wooden pews were the seats.  The new Opyland has the same style of seats. 
Starfish Earrings by Bay Moon Design
The next day while on the long road to Natchez, Mississippi,  I as able to list a new pair of earrings in my online Etsy store while riding in our truck.  I am not making much jewelry on the road, but I am continuing to get my shop ready for the holiday season by building more inventory.  Right before getting on the road, I got a box of jewelry back from the magazine Bead It Today.  I was fortunate to have a necklace published in it before it went out of business.  There were plans to publish a number of my earrings and necklaces, however, that isn't going to happen now.  This pair of starfish earrings was one of the pieces that were to me published.  Humblebeads polymer clay starfish charms are the stars of these earrings.

On the road to Natchez, Mississippi next!

No comments:

Post a Comment