Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bead Table Wednesday-Terriffic Earrings with Help from Aunties Beads

Blue Globe earrings by Bay Moon Design

On Bead Table Wednesday,  I am showcasing earrings that I completed.   I decided to create some new earrings for my upcoming Fall jewelry shows.  I revisited the website of the very first jewelry supply company that I used --Aunties Beads.  When I first started making jewelry about 10 years ago, what drew me to Aunties Beads was their great website,  a variety of products, design center, great customer service, and quick and inexpensive shipping.  I had some jewelry components that I wanted to use and I was in need of some basic supplies and very specific items.  Their easy to use website with a variety of supplies really appealed to me.  I put together a shopping list, placed an order and went to work creating.

For these blue globe earrings I used Aunties Beads 22 gauge silver plated head pins and The head pins were easy to wire wrap onto chain.  Since I had 16 head pins to wire wrap this was important to me.  I added some of Aunties Beads 21 gauge silver filled earwires with 3 mm coil earwires that were simple and didn't steal the show from the blue blue globes and crystal.


Blue Anchor Earrings Available for Purchase by Bay Moon Design

I have some rectangular cultured sea glass that I have been wanting to add some charms to in order to create some earrings.  I have been anxious to see what Aunties Beads had in the way of charms and I am happy to report that they have a large selection.  I used silver TierraCast anchor charms that are 19 mm.  The secret to attacking the charms to the glass is using size 9 jump rings.  These blue anchor earrings were created with Aunties Beads 20 mm silver filled fancy earwires.  I needed some earwires with some size and I love the large curve in them. I love the way they look with the rectangular glass and curves of the anchor.


Honeybee Earrings by Bay Moon Design
For my next pair of rectangular cultured sea glass earrings with charms, I used Aunties Beads TierraCast gold pewter honey bee charms.  I added some yellow swarovski crystals to create heads and black swarovski crystals to create stingers.  I put them on head pins and wire wrapped them onto large jump rings.  The yellow rectangular glass is a perfect background.  Don't you agree?
Celtic Knot Earrings by Bay Moon Design
I carry a number of Celtic earrings on my website and I am always looking for attractive Celtic knots for this collection.  I found Aunties Beads had these Antique Brass Pewter Knot earring findings that are 19x23 mm.  I added some green 6 mm swarovski crystals and brass earwires to them and now I have another choice to offer for Celtic earrings.  These green earrings are perfect for Christmas and Saint Patrick's Day.

White coin pearl  earrings with blue swarovski crystals by Bay Moon Design
Speaking of swarovski crystals, I found a great color of blue in swarovski crystals on Aunties Beads website.  I used 12 mm white coin pearls with 4 mm Capri blue swarovski crystals.  The coin pearl earrings are suspended from earwires that I got from Aunties Beads.  These earrings will be perfect for some of my holiday shoppers. 

I am so glad I revisited by old friend Aunties Beads.  I got some great supplies for my earrings.  Don't you agree?
Graphic from GraphicStock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment