Sunday, October 27, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Reveal 20

Blue Earrings with petals are available for purchase
I am so glad that I am participating in the AJE Earring Challenge.  I have met some talented artisans who sell wonderful handmade beads.  For Reveal 20, I have have used beads from two of my favorite polymer clay artists.  

 I love blue and copper together.   These earrings combine polymer clay beads with a field of willows set on a navy blue background. Each petal is hand-sculpted and unique. These blue petals are by polymer clay artist Humblebeads. I love all of her intricate detailing on the beads. I combined them with blue czech glass beads and copper.

These earrings are inspired by nature. They remind me of a walk in a meadow in the spring.





Gold Earrings with peacock design are available for purchase


These gold earrings are made with handmade artisan teal and gold polymer clay beads by A Polymer Pendant. I  combines them with yellow swarovski crystals. I love how the swarovski crystals catch the light. The beautiful polymer clay bead has swirls of teal, blue and gold that remind me of a peacock feather. The teal color looks like the Pantone color Emerald.

These earrings would be great accessories for a New Year's Eve party, wedding, or special occasion. They are very elegant.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Monique-Thank you! I appreciate your visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. Those blue earrings are lovely! Such a rich, vibrant blue color. The swirled earrings are also very pretty, and you're right- they would be perfect for something special :) Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pairs are very cool. I've still been too chicken to use such gorgeous headpins but will eventually get over it! Love the mix of colors in the second pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! You should suck it up and give it a try. Someone who made headpins told me to make sure to leave space before bending the wire or to even put a tiny bead between the wire and the bend. Also, I read somewhere that even if the wire breaks away you can repurpose the pins into something else.

      Delete