Friday, May 10, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Continues for Me in Florida



Streets of South Beach, Florida Filled with Flowers this Spring

 I am still creating a pair of earrings a week using artisan beads  for the AJE Earring Challenge.  The lovely flowers that are blooming all over the Florida are the inspiration for one pair of these earrings.

Pale Green Ivy Earrings Available in BayMoonDesign Etsy Shop

These are amethyst earrings with pale green ivy leaves on brass earwires. The amethyst swarovski crystals remind me of purple flowers that are in bloom by ivy. The handmade artisan ivy leaves are enameled on both sides.  Brass earwires and headpins are used. These are long earrings that are 2 inches from the curve at the top of the earwire. 

I love purple and green together!


Orange BoHo Earrings by BayMoonDesign
I call these my Orange BoHo earrings. They are made with  orange ceramics with a hint of a brown design by Work of Our Hands Namibia.  This is a cottage industry whose mission is to provide hope and dignity for unemployed women in Namibia.  I love the rich deep color of these beads.  I paired the ceramics with natural betel nut beads and copper for a warm boho look.  These earrings along with other pieces of my jewelry and hanmade cards will be for sale at the Delaware By Hand Members’ Day Show
Date: Saturday, May 25
Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Zwaanendael Park, Lewes, Delaware
Price: Free, All Ages


Delaware By Hands Artists and Artisans will host the 8th Annual Outdoor Show in Lewes the Zwaanendael Park. A wide array of unique and original artwork will be for sale.  If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello.  What a great way to start the summer!


I am excited to see the reaction at this show to my spring line of jewelry that I made in Florida.    My focus has been on the gorgeous nature all around here in Key Largo, Florida for the past five months.  I think that my jewelry shows this and will be a great fit for the Lewes Beach area.

I will miss my snorkeling trips to the beautiful and healthy reef here but I am looking forward to seeing my historic town by the sea, Lewes, Delaware.


I love seeing scuba divers below me and watching their bubbles float up.


No comments:

Post a Comment