Sunday, March 20, 2011

Queen for a Day

I felt like a queen yesterday when I discovered that I was featured in a blog.  It is done by a blogger who I came to know through Etsy.  Her name is Lelanie and she lives in Spain.  Her sister and some family are in Japan now and she is donating sales from her shop to help Japan.  She is a very sweet person who made my blog banner for me. Take a few minutes to explore her blog To Sew with Love.  You will see her blog about me listed in Featured Post:  BayMoonDesign  for Saturday, March 19.  You can also read about efforts to fund raise for Japan.  She is a good source for finding out about giveaways.  I discovered a giveaway by Wildflowers & Whimsy on her blog.  Her giveaway is called Spring Fling Kick Off!

Being queen for a day inspired me to celebrate by making some crown earrings.  Once I made the earring my thoughts turned to making a card to go with these cute earrings so that others could enjoy being "Queen" .  I remembered that I had a stamp with you are the queen on it.  I also recalled a stamp with the word Remember on it.  This stamp is really ornate and I thought it would be perfect for the card.  Next, I dug out a tiny crown stamp and put them all together with some ink, punches, and fake gems.  Now others can celebrate someone special with this card and earring.  Might be a great gift for a birthday, Mother's Day, or note card for someone special.



1 comment: